Earl Friedrich Ernst of Solms-Laubach took over the
shire after the death of his father in 1696.
His mother Benigna, 48 years old at the time, bought
a small estate from her inheritance, the Flensunger Hof,
where she liked to stay.
The hotel and inn Flensunger Hof was purchased by
the Chrischona-Werk in 1921 for their work in the state
of Hesse as a place for preparation and refreshment.
In the eventful following years during WWII it was seized and used as a children’s home and a hospital.
After the end of the war the CGW used the house as a bible- and recreation home.
Die Grundsteinlegung erfolgte am 24.03.1974. Schon 1975 wird auf den Ländereien in direkter Nachbarschaft zum Flensunger Hof das EC-Freizeitdorf als Bildungs- und Erholungsstätte des EC-Landesverbandes Oberhessen-Saar (EC = „Entschieden für Christus“) in Betrieb genommen.1980 kann als zweiter Bauabschnitt das Haupthaus (Mehrzweckhaus) mit Gruppenräumen, Speisesaal, Küche, Schwimmbad, Sauna und den Wohnbereichen für den Heimleiter und die Zivildienstleistenden eingeweiht werden.
The Flensunger Hof conference and leisure center
In 1992 the two companies were brought together as a seminar and conference center under the new concept “EC Leisure Village Flensunger Hof”.
Construction of the multi-purpose hall
1997 Construction of the multi-purpose hall. The large hall can be used in a variety of ways:
as a conference room for larger groups
for sports and games in all weather conditions for our guests
for large events and concerts, the hall can accommodate up to 900 people
eg at the EC Camp, EC Jungschartag, OMF Mission Festival
Construction of the bungalows / redesign of the only roof houses
The Nurdachhäuser are redesigned as a chapel, as a workshop and craft house, as a table tennis house and one becomes a playground house. A Nurdachhaus remains as a "museum house" for nostalgics and is still in operation: "As it used to be!"
In 2003 and 2005 the previous "Nurdachhäuser" (which had been vigorously revitalized in the 30 years and had in the meantime become in need of renovation) were replaced by 6 new bungalows each with 12 people.
Renewal of the roof of the half-timbered house
In autumn 2010, the entire roof structure of the half-timbered house, which is under monument protection, was heavily renovated due to storm and age damage.
Extension of the multi-purpose hall (forum)
Construction of the multi-purpose hall started in July 2013. In 2014, an extension was inaugurated, which offers space for a 185 sqm group room, a kitchen, a storage room, toilets and a foyer.
Takeover of all land and buildings
In 2018, the ownership and ownership structure will be unbundled with the Chrischona community work and all properties, as well as the seminar and half-timbered house will be transferred to the association EC-Freizeitdorf Flensunger Hof eV on 01.01.2019.
Renovation of the playgrounds and the climbing tower project
Various playground equipment was rebuilt between 2017 and 2019. In addition to the spinning top Supernova, the new chess field in the park, the play tower with a double swing, seesaw and sandpit in the park, the horizontal bars, another double swing and the conversion of an old only roof house into a man-annoying-you-not-and-chess playing field, the jumping mat was also made of the floor trampoline renewed and sand filled up in the beach volleyball field. With the over 8m high "climbing tower at the center" and the climbing tipi on the campsite , our facility offers very attractive, new highlights!